i just use straight up candy corn and my magic rabbit.
jk lol click below so i don’t stretch your dash
Sara as Eridan, myself as Gamzee. Both pairs of horns made by me!
These horns are made for those in quick need! I forgot 3 pairs of horns at school the day before a convention, and was able to make sturdy enough ones overnight. However, they did crack. BUT because of the technique to make them more coiled, the fix was just pushing them back together and adding a little more paint or hot glue.
nah okay here we go. I’m making Kanaya horns most of the way.
so here i have everything i use.
- some artist wire- but any kind will work as long as it can hold a shape. i prolly used about a foot and a half for kanaya’s horns
- tin foil
- white model magic
- mixed acryllic paint i will tell ya about later
curl the wire in TINY TIGHT curls until you get the shape you want. use one piece for both horns, the piece in between will act as a headband of sorts. like so- (____)
here are the finished outline. see they are pretty tiny, make them way smaller and WAY skinnier than you think. i know i shortened them about an inch on both sides. holding them up to your head is a good way to measure!
TIN FOIL! Wrap the wire with tin foil so you can hold the shape when you add model magic
see when i looked at them like this covered i decided to shorten them a lot. All i did was wrap the wire around in the middle to make it shorter c:
roll some thin snakes. i was stupid and rolled them on news paper, that is why it got all black. but it really doesn’t matter ‘cause you just paint over it anyways.
NOW WRAP THE SNAKES AROUND
keep in mind model magic shrinks when it dries, so be careful and squish everything together.
now they look like horns. i don’t really have advice for getting the pointy parts right, just make them look the best in your opinion
and let dry i’d say for about a day
ALSO IF YOU WANT A SMOOTH LOOK TO YOUR HORNS
at this point all you would have to do is take some sandpaper to the model magic after they dry. i do recommend making the model magic layer thicker tho
so i’m going to use my other two pairs i have already made for the next steps
STEP 4- PAINT
yeah uhhh this is paint i jacked from art class. It is acryllic paint, red and yellow that i just like all mixed together. The sparkly stuff is iridescent medium, and the gold is just idk gold acryllic
so basically this is my gamzee horns colored. I painted most of them with a mix of the yellow and gold down, and then bleneded it with the red to make more of a gradient. Only one coat of paint was needed, and they turned out looking nice and shiny c:
STEP FIVE- ATTACH
super simple and secure for these kinds of horns. Aradia and tavros will need a different method tho.
basically i just shove them through the wig like so.
I place mine as close to the front of the wig as i can. And here you can see how awesome the little wire works as a headband of sorts
AND HERE ARE MY FINISHED GAMZEE ONES :o)
omg these look so old and terrible. scroll down for better horns.
hope this helped? idk i just kinda went at it with cheap materials i jacked from school.
god my table cloth is tacky
OTHER COSPLAYERS WEARING HORNS I HAVE MADE!
Mia with her giant gamzee horns to make her look taller. lol. these were actually put onto a headband, since she doesn’t use a wig.”
Sara and I as Redglare and Mindfang respectively. Remember, the longer you make the horns, the more you have to strengthen the base so they down’t flop around!
Myself wearing Vriska horns!
- wicked-chicken-strips likes this
- izumi-neko likes this
- xxkaibutsukoxx likes this
- hikari-sempai reblogged this from deckitout
- hikari-sempai likes this
- brokenheir8 likes this
- lilcalsplushrump likes this
- decaffeinated-zombie likes this
- feeniesweater likes this
- doodlesofpoodleseatingnoodles reblogged this from deckitout
- thelexorcist reblogged this from deckitout
- cactusdiaries likes this
- ouroboroses likes this
- itsnotlikeyourmomsdeadoranything likes this
- crazy-4-ur-blog likes this
- spice-hime likes this
- gundamu-tanaka likes this
- keigoasano likes this
- checkyourrhetoric reblogged this from deckitout
- zenkaiankoku likes this
- rustys-rump reblogged this from deckitout
- orangekittens likes this
- nilesyy likes this
- h31r0fd00m likes this
- jackfrostciicle reblogged this from ladymcbuttcheeks
- ladymcbuttcheeks reblogged this from minatia
- minatia reblogged this from deckitout
- minatia likes this
- eiwfu likes this
- blushinshota likes this
- youandibreatheconstellations reblogged this from deckitout
- thebatmanchild likes this
- sushiforensics reblogged this from creatorofthemasses
- errorstasia likes this
- kodesu reblogged this from deckitout
- artinginfected likes this
- bluebittercoffee likes this
- creatorofthemasses likes this
- dirklish reblogged this from deckitout
- manicpixiedreamtardis likes this
- gavinfreesno-ho-hose reblogged this from deckitout
- kisalefreak likes this
- snow-princex likes this
- gavinfreesno-ho-hose likes this
- lookingforwardtothepast likes this
- blacksapphiredragon likes this
- flareblade2000 likes this
- timelord903 likes this
- sylph-of-rage reblogged this from deckitout